DESCRIPTIVE INDEX    

PAGE 42

<< BACK 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 NEXT >>

The Pavilion which needs funds for replacing (Plans are passed see below)

This field was a donation by a Mr Hugh Goodson in 1949 as a parish war memorial recreation ground. The parish council pledged its best efforts to to carry out the donors wish that it be developed along lines including provision of a pavilion and properly laid-out sports and recreational facilities. The land was stated to be worth 2,500 at that time but wasn't officially opened until 1st August 1959 by the Lord Lieutenant of Devon, Lord Roborough with a dedication service by the Rt Rev Mortimore.

As part of the plans to replace the pavilion at the memorial playing fields in Galmpton planning permission has been granted for a skate board park in the corner of the playing field adjacent to the Dartmouth Road. More >>

E-mail: webmaster@galmptontorbay.org.uk

Disclaimer l www.galmptontorbay.org.uk